Monday, October 22, 2012

Two Thoughts

This past weekend the Lord and I had some very special times. It's truly been a while since I've just been able to just sit before Him and soak in what He's saying, without a million things vying for my attention. 

Anyways, He showed me two concepts that completely astound me:

1. Jesus only asks us to pray for, think about, and take Step 2. Steps 3, 4,5, 78, or 983 are totally irrelevant at the moment. Some of you are probably laughing at me as you read this, but seriously, this is a big deal for me. My personality likes to have everything organized from Step 1-100. Yet the Holy Spirit only asks me about what's in front of me. Quite the load off, right?

2. Jesus intimately knows every corner of me. I don't ever need to "explain myself" or make myself "more clear" when communicating with my God. I can be 100% real with Him. I don't have to hide anything and "break things" to Him in a gentler way. I can't disappoint Him. He is sovereign- knows ALL, sees ALL, and understands ALL. So when I can't even put into words the question I have, or the issue I'm facing...psshh, Jesus already knows exactly what the problem is and the solution for it. He knows my end from my beginning. There is not and cannot be any other relationship in the world as intimate and real as the we can share with God. 

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)



No comments:

Post a Comment