Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Master

The one who says—“Yes, Lord, but…” is the one who is fiercely ready, but never goes…When once the call of God comes, begin to go and never stop going. –Oswald Chambers

Jesus reminded me this week that He is my Master. My team watched “Ip Man” this last weekend. Probably all of you know that I am not a “fighting movie” person, so what’s crazy is that God used Ip Man's story to show me another aspect of Himself and my relationship with Him:
 Master Ip was a loving “shi-fu” (master) and his pupils loved and respected him. His relationships with his students completely transformed the meaning of master word for me. The Lord is my “shi-fu”: I obey Him with unquestioning actions, I watch Him constantly so I can someday be like Him, and I look to Him before anyone else for my commands. “And I know that His command is everlasting life…” (John 12:30) Its such security to know I just follow my Master daily, nothing else is expected of me- because it’s not me who does the work- it’s completely Him. I haven’t been alone or forgotten ONCE since being on this island, Jesus has always been with me.
He’s so good to me. J
I am here for God to send me where He will. Ever other thing may get fogged, but this relationship to Jesus Christ may never be... He does not build on any natural capacity [in me] at all. God does not ask us to do the things that are easy to us naturally; He only asks us to do the things we are perfectly fitted to do by His grace, and the cross will come along that line always. –Oswald Chambers


On top of the Jingmen mountain looking over Shan-Wai

No comments:

Post a Comment