Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I live in a dream

This week marks the longest I've ever lived away from my family at one time. It's a super cool thing to look back over these last two months in awe that I've been here for that length of time. It totally doesn't feel like any time has passed. I feel like I've only been here a few days- a week or two tops....but over nine weeks!?

What's more is I almost feel rushed for time; I found myself thinking the other day, "Oh my word! I only have 8 more months left in this contract! That's totally not enough time..."

How weird. Yet, how beautiful. :) God is awesome.

Maybe it's because time doesn't pass quite in the same way here in Jingmen as it does for me back in the States. It stands still, but then all of a sudden flies by leaving me wondering if I'm really living in a dream after all. Lately, my mind has been completely overwhelmed after skyping my family and friends back in the States because I suddenly realize that the kids are growing up, miterm exams are passing, and everyone's preparing for the Holiday Season. All while I continue to live in this "dream world."

In light of all that, my team discussed a few days ago about using time for the glory of God and not losing focus of the bigger picture of why we're here. There are so many little things that can suck away my valuable time and leave me frustrated and disillusioned in daily life. We all decided at the beginning of the year that the ultimate goal for the Kinmen team is: "To live together for the glory of God." Super simple words. Super challenging application.

I have so many goals that have been shuffled around and reset in the last couple weeks- goals for my walk with the Lord, goals in my attempt at learning Chinese, and goals for progress in the relationships and conversations with those God puts in my path. I don't want to miss out on what God has for me because of my laziness or selfishness. I want to live to the hilt of every moment I'm given.

Please pray for our team. Pray for the opportunities we have to share TRUTH: the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Pray for the hearts of the students, university students, and other teachers. Pray for the events being planned for the upcoming Christmas season. Pray that hearts will be softened to the still, small voice of Jesus Christ. Pray that we will learn Chinese.

Pray that Kinmen will see Jesus. <3

The majority of the Americans on the island
{...plus two Taiwanese}. :)

2 comments:

  1. i've been praying these things for your team since before you even met. :) praying now for you all as you live your lives for His glory.

    ReplyDelete