Sunday, November 13, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

These are some of the best things in my life right now:
  1. I love my Jesus. His love and companionship has grown sweeter every day and I'm so thankful for the privilege I have to get to know the Creator of the Universe in such an intimate way. The little blessings the Holy Spirit allows me to see in my life makes me feel loved all the way to my toes. I'm learning so much about how to walk day by day in His presence, and listen to His voice always.
  2. I love laughter. I get a good dose of it everyday between my hilarious teammates and antics of my students. A few mornings ago, my teammate Johnny came army crawling into our living room shooting everyone with a water gun. Sound effects and all. Haha I am so blessed in this department.
  3. I love learning. My word! I literally learn at least 15-20 new things a day. Whether it'd be Chinese vocabulary, cultural structures, or better teaching style- there's not a day that goes by without me learning more than enough to satisfy this mind.
  4. I love my friends. Friends back in the States who still make an effort to keep up with me and keep me up to date on news from home, and new friends here who always manage to make my life vibrant. You guys keep me alive and sane.
  5. I love my family. Even when I don't get the chance to talk to them for a week or so at a time, I always feel "in the middle of things" when we Skype. I love my parents' relationship- how they're such a stellar example of sacrifice and living by faith. I love how my siblings are my bestest of best friends and that everything reminds me of them. Kaylee's random sense of humor and drive to serve Jesus. Richie's essence of awesomeness. Kiara's delight in life itself. Corinna's consistent emails about everything on her mind. Ryan's laugh and smile and hair and adorableness. Carissa's need to dominate every conversation I've had with her. Gahh I love these people.
  6. I love thoughtfulness. The culture here always tries to look out for the interest of the other person. People will randomly buy me drinks, make every effort to make me comfortable, and welcome me into their life. For example, I came back from teaching and have a Ferrero Rocher sitting on my desk. I think Americans should take a hint or two...or three.
  7. I love riding my bike downhill. Random, I know, but I really do love that feeling. 
  8. I love the food here. And the fact that I have this "chopstick thing" down. 
  9. I love the fruit and vegetable stands here. So cheap and fresh from the orchard/garden. Puts Publix to shame.
  10. Bubble Milk Tea. Passionfruit Green Tea. Need I say more?
  11. I love how it's early(ish) November and I get to dress warm. Unlike Florida....all my life.
  12. I love adventure. Ok, so last Saturday, Peter, Johnny, and I biked around the entire island of Jingmen. 35.6 miles of sheer awesomeness. Including dinner afterwards and all the pit stops along the way, it took us about 8 hours. We discovered new beaches, awesome playgrounds, and tons of different military towers. So much fun. Those guys are awesome.
  13. I love plans to look forward to. This Friday, we're thinking of heading to Yuli for the weekend. Next week's Thanksgiving. Then we have the IBLP Christmas retreat, my birthday (of course), the King Car Winter Reunion, Christmas, New Year's tour around Taiwan with one of my favorite 6th grade classes, Thailand for 3 weeks {!!!}, and the list could go on and on. On top of all those BIG plans, there are a million and one fun things going on every day/week. Never a dull moment. :) 
  14. I love responsibility. I love being on my own- fending for myself day by day and making my own decisions. It's just me and Jesus "knockin' about in the wild" and I truly enjoy it. Mostly. ;)
  15. Lastly, I love memories. I love looking back on my life and seeing the fingerprints of God and His grace. I love laughing about the things "my family always does" or "my friends always say." That constantly is making me smile and I <3 it.
God is good all the time. And all the time, God is good. I'm going to try to make a list like this weekly...

No comments:

Post a Comment